I am committed to minimising my carbon footprint and my environmental impact.
I recognise that I have a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. I am committed to reducing my environmental impactand continually improving my environmental performance as an integral part of mybusiness strategy and operating methods. I encourage customers, suppliers andother stakeholders to do the same.
My Policy aims to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts
- Incorporate environmental factors into my business decisions
Key Environmental touch points:
- I purchase recycled and recyclable products whenever possible. Second hand equipment is always my first choice.
- I reduce the need to travel, restricting travel to necessity trips only;
- Working from home
- Using video and phone conferencing for meetings
- Car sharing when travel is required
- Use of public transport whenever possible
- Electrical Equipment is switched off when not in use and new equipment purchased with energy efficiency and consumption as a key purchase point.
- I evaluate the environmental impact of all new products prior to purchase
- I use a local food stylist, florist and assistant and also source materials locally to reduce CO2 and help the community
- All cleaning materials are environmentally friendly, whenever possible
- I look to partner companies that aim to produce their products and services in a sustainable way
- Old computers are stripped and recycled for use by charitable organisations, schools or other good causes
- Old cameras and photographic equipment is offered to local schools and colleges for training purposes
It is my policy to manage my business in the most environmentally responsible manner, complying with the relevant environmental legislation and regulations; and aiming to provide customers with a timely and reliable service.
Photography & Production Process
- All documents and layouts related to commissions are held digitally rather than printed
- Wherever possible props and backgrounds are sourced locally often from charity shops
Commercial & Marketing Material
- I utilise Online and Email platforms for 80% of my marketing
- Informative or marketing material, is printed, wherever possible using,
- Vegan friendly, fully biodegradable and recyclable inks on FSC certified stock OR
- Recycle or recyclable (chlorine free) or biotop (made from 100% agricultural waste) stock
- Companies that ensure all waste is disposed of adequately and whenever possible recycled
- I am committed to continuous improvement and the prevention of pollution; I ensure all waste is disposed of adequately. This includes recycling paper and cardboard, metal and plastic products associated with the commission.
- When possible, I purchase recycled Ink cartridges for office printers and in turn, recycle these after use, currently, only 5% of print cartridges are recycled.
- All invoices and quotes are created and sent electronically, avoiding the need to print and post
- When purchasing equipment, I look to purchase refurbished equipment or, if purchasing new items, energy saving equipment.
- A drinking water supply system is installed in my kitchen, reducing the need for plastic water bottles.
- Shop local – items are brought at local suppliers wherever possible.
- Cutlery and crockery provided to eliminate the use of plastic, throw-away ones
- Sustenance provided on shoot days bought with as little packaging as possible
- All Computers and Screens are switched off at the end of the day
- All chargers are unplugged when not in use
To reduce the need to travel, restricting travel to necessity tripsonly, I encourage;
- Online conference technology, to avoid travelling to meetings
- I encourage use of public transport whenever possible
- I encourage art direction by email whenever possible
- Bulk purchase whenever possible to avoid multiple deliveries/couriers
These measures support my policy to reduce CO2 emissions
I continually look to improve my processes and impact on the environmentand welcome any ideas.